Carrots are one of my all-time favorite vegetables. In recent articles, I’ve even heard carrots being referred to “the new kale.” This orange root vegetable is taking the country by storm – restaurants everywhere are rediscovering this overlooked power plant and finding new ways to prepare this common vegetable. So, of course, we had to try to plank them. We chose to pair the carrots with a maple plank, as it lends a wonderfully subtle sweetness to the dish.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 as a side dish
- 5 x 11″ Maple Plank
- 6 Carrots
- Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Did you know?
When we think of carrots, we
think “orange.” But they come
in a variety of colors,
- Soak the Maple Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F.
- Wash carrots and slice in half, lengthwise.
- Place carrots on plank and top with salt and pepper, olive oil and fresh parsley.
- Grill with the lid closed for 15-20 minutes.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill and serve.