For all fans of tofu, this delicious Korean-inspired recipe really allows the tofu to take on the fragrant flavor of Alder wood.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 – 5 X 11” Alder Planks
- 2 Lbs. Firm Tofu
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1/2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Gochujang
- 1/2 Napa Cabbage
- 1 Carrot, shredded
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 Green Onion
Occasionally tip the pan while the tofu is being pressed to allow the moisture to drain away.
1. Preheat the grill or oven to 500°F.
2. Combine the soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic, cover the tofu to marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Set the tofu on one of the planks and top with another plank. Set a weight on top to gently press for 30 minutes, be careful not to crush the Tofu.
4. When the tofu is pressed soak one of the planks in warm water for 15 minutes.
5. Slice the cabbage thinly and add the Gochujang, carrot, cilantro and lime juice. Mix well to combine and set aside.
6. Set the tofu on a plank and place on the grill for 15 minutes.
7. Serve the tofu with the slaw and garnish with green onion.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.