Brussel Sprouts are making their way back onto holiday menus as we try to develop less traditional recipes (ie. boiled) Here we have included salty bacon, pungent sage and fragrant, crunchy Cedar infused pecans.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 5 x 11” Cedar Plank
- 2 lbs. Brussel Sprouts
- 2 tbs. Olive oil
- 1 tbs. Kosher Salt
- 1 tbs. Black Pepper
- 6 slices Bacon
- 10 Sage Leaves, sliced
- For the Pecans
- 1 cups Pecan Halves
- 3 tbs. Sugar
- 2 tbs. Water
Toss the Pecans in the sugar syrup while it is still very hot to ensure even coating, Be sure that the plank burns somewhat to build up the smoke, but be careful not to let it flare up as the sugar coated nuts can burn easily.
1. Soak the plank in warm water for 15 minutes and preheat the grill and oven to 375°F.
2. Clean and cut the sprouts in half. Add to a cast iron skillet and toss with the oil, salt and pepper. Place on the grill and roast for 30 minutes or until tender, stir occassionally.
3. Set the bacon on a sheet tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until crispy. Cool and cut into pieces.
4. Boil the sugar and water on the stove for 1 minute, toss in the pecans and transfer to the soaked plank. Place on the grill, close the lid and cook for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
5. Serve the sprouts in the skillet and garnish with the bacon, sage and pecans.