It’s that time of year – the salmon runs are in full swing, and fresh salmon is in grocery stores all across the Pacific Northwest. It’s the unofficial start of grilling season (with the “official” beginning – Memorial Day – only a few short weeks away). To celebrate this exciting time of the year, we decided to do one of our favorite Cedar planked salmon recipes: Copper River Salmon with fresh dill.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 7 x 15” Cedar Plank
- 1 (2-pounds) Copper River Salmon Fillet, with skin
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 bunch Fresh Dill, divided into 2
- 1 Lemon, cut into thin slices
- Soak Cedar Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place salmon on plank, skin side down; season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with half of the dill and lay the thin lemon slices on the salmon.
- Place the planked salmon on the grill and cook with the lid closed for 12-15 minutes.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill. Let stand for 5 minutes then sprinkle with the remaining half of the dill.